Crafting your own bead ring is easy to do and satisfying. Bead rings are a fashionable addition to any jewelry collection, with the color and bead style options being endless. Given that you can make bead rings easily and inexpensively at home, make as many as you wish both for yourself and to give away as gifts.
- Elastic thread
- Scissors/jewelry wire cutters
- Cut a strip of elastic. Measure the length that will fit around the finger about twice, then cut. Slide a small bead into the center of this cut piece.
- Slip two larger beads at either side of the small bead.
- Slip a small bead on one tail. Then slip the other tail through, too.
- Continue this pattern until you have enough beads to fit around the finger. Do not add a small bead to the last set.
- Finish the ring by slipping the loose tails through the first small bead you placed on the elastic. Tie an overhand knot and then cut off the loose tails.
- Finished. Make any adjustments necessary, then it's ready to wear.
Tips & suggestionsEdit
- Using the same process, you can also make a matching bracelet.
- Use crystals in place of the plastic beads if you want more shine for your beaded ring.
- Do not use beads that are too large, or they will not fit comfortably on the finger.
- Use different sized beads and vary the colors, provided they match.
- Keep unused beads in a sealed shoe box, to avoid losing them or spilling them on the floor.
- Supervise younger children if they're making this ring.
- Keep beads out of reach of babies, small children and pets. They can present a choking hazard if swallowed
| Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page? |
Create a new page about it: Bead Ring/Miscellaneous
If you want to add personal links, please do that on your user page (you can also write your profile there). If you have a link with great content related to this DIY, you can add it at Bead Ring/Links
Share and tell about your experience related to Bead Ring in our wiki-based forum.