Have you ever wondered how much cooler a tornado in a bottle would be if it had some bling and color to it? Well here is a little fun experiment to kill your curiosity. Follow the steps below to make a colored, glittered tornado!
- Dish soap
- Food coloring (Light color)
- Empty water bottle
- Full bottle of water
- Wear some rubber gloves. These are to protect your hands from the liquid substances during this experiment.
- Place funnel on the empty bottle.
- Slowly pour water into funnel, filling the bottle to the black fill line. Be careful to hold the bottom of the water bottle while pouring water into it to prevent it from tipping over.
- Add a pinch of glitter into bottle of water. Choose any color as you please.
- Add two squirts of liquid dish soap to the bottle of water. The squirts is pretty much leaning the dish soap bottle over to the water bottle, and squeezing twice.
- Secure and tighten cap. Be sure cap it secured correctly, or water may spill or leak from cap.
- Overturn bottle, and hold it upright. Rotate or stir bottle in a circular motion, at about medium speed for 5-10 seconds. It is crucial that you rotate/stir the bottle in a circular motion, because if you do side-to-side, it will just shake the water up. It has to be a good circle rotation.
- Add food coloring. Re-open your bottle, and add one drop of food coloring to the water. Be sure to pick a light color so that you will be able to see the tornado.
- Make another tornado. Be sure to tightly secure cap on water bottle. Overturn the bottle, and rotate the bottle in a circular motion, at about medium speed for 5-10 seconds.
- Congratulations! You have successfully made an exciting glittered and colored tornado in a bottle!
Tips & suggestionsEdit
- Keep glitter and dish detergent soap away from eyes!
- Be careful handling water bottle to avoid spills.
| Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page?|
Create a new page about it: Glitter Tornado/Miscellaneous
If you want to add personal links, please do that on your user page (you can also write your profile there). If you have a link with great content related to this DIY, you can add it at Glitter Tornado/Links
Share and tell about your experience related to Glitter Tornado in our wiki-based forum.