A Nebula is a cloud in space. To make a Nebula jar you need very few things that you might already have around the house.
- A small mason jar with a lid
- Two-three colors of Tempura paint (blue and pink are the main colors, but if desired add purple
- Large Cotton balls
- Something to push the cotton balls down like a wooden dowel
- Set up your work space. Place down some newspaper, take the lid off of the jar, and make sure the paint is open.
- Fill up about one third of the jar with water.
- Put in a few drops of pink paint. Put the lid on and shake the jar until the paint is blended with the water.
- Remove the lid and add some glitter (about a teaspoon).
- Fill up about another one third more with water. Add a few drops of the darkest color (less than you did for the pink). Do not shake the jar this time.
- Add more glitter.
- Stretch out some more cotton balls. Push them down carefully until they fill up the paint water. Let the cotton balls soak up the water.
- Fill up the last third with water.
- Add the purple if desired. Add some more glitter. Stretch out the cotton balls. Push the cotton balls down until they come almost to the top of the water, carefully.
- Add a few drops of pink, stretch the cotton balls and push them to the glass instead of down (only if purple is desired). If purple isn't desired repeat step 10 with pink and don't push the cotton outwards. Add glitter.
Tips & suggestionsEdit
- Think of unrolling the cotton balls.
- use small, large, or both silver glitter.
- If you are making a lot of these jars such as for gifts or a party get two bags of large cotton balls (per 8 jars).
- This craft looks best once it settles.
- This is a messy craft so make sure you put the finished jar in view, but in a safe place so it doesn't crash and ruin the floor.
| Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page? |
Create a new page about it: Nebula Jar/Miscellaneous
If you want to add personal links, please do that on your user page (you can also write your profile there). If you have a link with great content related to this DIY, you can add it at Nebula Jar/Links
Share and tell about your experience related to Nebula Jar in our wiki-based forum.