Warm yourself up this winter with a warm mug of delicious, sweet Oreo hot chocolate. Featuring your favorite cookie and garnished with whipped cream, this hot chocolate recipe makes an easy hot drink to enjoy on any cold day.
- Makes: 2 servings
4 cups whole milk, divided
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
8 regular Oreo cookies
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
Whipped cream for garnish
1 tablespoon crushed Oreo cookies for garnish
- Blend the Oreo cookies, condensed milk, cocoa powder, 1 cup of milk, and cornstarch. Blend on high speed for about two minutes until the mixture is properly blended and smooth. Set aside.
- Simmer the rest of the milk in a medium-sized saucepan. Have the milk heat up for about 8-10 minutes, until the milk is barely steaming. Occasionally whisk the milk.
- Pour the Oreo mixture into the milk. Whisk and continue to heat for an additional 5-10 minutes. Do not let the hot chocolate boil.
- Shut the stove off.
- Pour the hot chocolate into two mugs. Allow it to cool slightly.
- Serve. Garnish the hot chocolate with whipped cream and crushed Oreo cookies if desired. Enjoy!