Ice cream tastes good by itself, but it tastes even better in a sandwich. If you want a small and easy ice cream sandwich, Oreo ice cream sandwiches might be just what you're looking for. These mini sandwiches make fun, enjoyable treats at events or parties, and they're easy to handle for smaller hands. You can use a variety of ice cream flavors and toppings to make all sorts of delicious versions of this dessert.
- 15-20 Oreo cookies
- 2 scoops ice cream
- Favorite toppings (sprinkles, chocolate chips, M&Ms, gummy candies, mini marshmallows, etc.)
- Mini ice cream scoop
- Medium-sized bowl
- Separate and place the toppings into medium-sized bowls.
- Open each Oreo cookie. Gently twist the tops off from each Oreo cookie and place it on a plate. You can scrape off the frosting from the cookie if desired, but it's best to leave it a for sweeter flavor.
- Add a tablespoon of ice cream on each cookie. Using a mini ice cream scoop, scoop a tablespoon of ice cream onto one piece of Oreo and gently press it with another. Continue until there are no more Oreo cookies.
- Roll each Oreo sandwich into the toppings. Carefully roll each sandwich into any of the desired toppings. Ensure you roll only the edges of the sandwich so it can stick to the ice cream.
- Allow the Oreo sandwiches to freeze until hardened for about 2 hours.
- Serve. Remove the Oreo ice cream sandwiches from the freezer. Enjoy!
Tips and suggestionsEdit
- Feel free to be creative and use a variety of ice cream flavors such as vanilla, chocolate, cookie dough, and mint chocolate chip.
- If you prefer not to, you don't have to add and roll the sandwiches into toppings. You could keep it simple by only adding the ice cream.