Make your chocolate level even better with these Oreo lava cakes. Right when you take a bite, you'll taste a sweet, moist chocolate cake combined with a light Oreo pudding. Served with a glass of milk, these cakes are sure to delight your stomach and make a heart-warming dessert.
- Makes: 4 lava cakes
For the cakeEdit
1 cup (240 ml) semisweet chocolate, chopped
3⁄4 cup (180 ml) low-fat milk
1⁄2 cup (120 ml) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon (4.9 ml) baking powder
2 tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
For the fillingEdit
1⁄4 cup (59 ml) instant Oreo pudding mix
1⁄2 cup (120 ml) cold low-fat milk
4 small plates
2 large bowls (one of them must be microwave-safe)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 176 degrees Celsius.
- Flour and spray non-stick greasing spray on four ramekins.
- Pour the milk and the pudding mix into a small bowl.
- Whisk the milk and pudding mix until smooth and there are no more lumps.
- Cover the small bowl with plastic wrap.
- Allow the pudding to sit for about five minutes until it's thick.
- Combine the chopped chocolate and milk in a large microwave-safe.
- Microwave the chocolate for about a minute, stirring every now and then until fully melted.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and oil together in a separate large bowl.
- Pour in the melted chocolate mixture and stir.
- Pour the batter into each ramekin until halfway full.
- Add two tablespoons of the Oreo filling into the center of each ramekin.
- Pour the rest of the batter into ramekin and place them on a baking tray.
- Bake the lava cakes for about 17-18 minutes, until the cakes rise slightly and begin to set.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Place a small plate on each ramekin and flip it over to place the cake on each plate.
- Serve. Consider topping the lava cakes with chopped Oreos or chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
Tips and suggestionsEdit
- Consider using a small knife to gently dislodge the sides of the cake to make it easier to remove and flip.
- After flouring the ramekins, gently tap on the ramekin to remove any excess flour.
- Avoid adding too much cake batter into each ramekin, or the lava cake will end up overflowing while baking.