Enjoy watching the colors fly while you cool off this summer by making this DIY rainbow fan. Making the fan is easy and will add a pop of color and fun to any room.
- Regular room fan
- Acrylic paint in red, blue, yellow, green and orange
1. Clean fan blades. Before you paint the blades, you’ll want to be sure they are completely clean and free of debris.
- Remove the fan cover dust blades with clean cloth.
- Spay with household cleaner and wipe clean.
- Allow cleaner to fully dry before moving on to the next step in the project.
2. Paint blades. Apply two coats of paint to each blade, taking time to allow each coat to dry.
- Brush strokes should be evenly applied to reduce streaking.
3. Replace fan cover and turn on fan.
- Watch the colors blend together as they whir in a circular fashion, cooling the room and brightening your day.
Tips & suggestionsEdit
- Never create this fan for a small child who may want to put his/her fingers inside the fan.
- For an extra layer of fun, apply Mod Podge and glitter in a variety of colors instead of painting the blades. Or use neon colors that light up under a black light for a cool effect.
| Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page?|
Create a new page about it: Rainbow Fan/Miscellaneous
If you want to add personal links, please do that on your user page (you can also write your profile there). If you have a link with great content related to this DIY, you can add it at Rainbow Fan/Links
Share and tell about your experience related to Rainbow Fan in our wiki-based forum.