When a butterfly is resting on a flower, I usually enjoy such a wonderful scene for a long time. Having had the same experience as me, naturally you will love butterfly craft as well. If you are fond of butterfly, our tutorial of how to make a butterfly will definitely make you happy. Ribbon butterfly looks just like a real butterfly except for a movable body. I glue the butterfly to a hair clip. Wearing a butterfly hair clip, you can make it stay with you wherever you go. Want to have this stunning butterfly? Then follow how to make a butterfly below.
- Polyester ribbon
- Organza ribbon
- Wooden clips
- Hot melt gun
- Hair clip
- Cut two pieces of 8.5 ribbon and two pieces of 6.5 ribbon (including grosgrain ribbon and organza ribbon). Wrap a hair clip with ribbon. Take out an 8.5 grosgrain ribbon; fold it in half; find out the center of ribbon by pinching it in the middle; glue the center of ribbon with hot melt gun; stick it onto the clip.
- Bring the ends of the ribbon; loop them around and glue them down.
- Do the same to glue a 6 grosgrain ribbon to clip.
- Make the bottom half of your butterfly by looping the ends of 6.5 ribbon and glue them up.
- Lay the 8.5 organza ribbon over the top half of the butterfly; loop around the ends and glue them down.
- Do the same to the other 6.5 organza ribbon below. Then wings of butterfly all have been done.
- Time needs spending on body making. Wrap two pieces of 6 ribbon around a pencil; fix the ends of ribbon with wooden clip. It is better to bake it at 275 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut the bodies to the right size and glue them down the middle.
- Cut out 1 ribbon; cut the edges off from the ribbon. Hold the edges over a flame to make them curl up that will be used as antennas.
- Glue the two antennas onto the top of your clip. A great-looking butterfly hair clip is formed.
Tips & suggestionsEdit
| Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page?|
Create a new page about it: Ribbon Butterfly/Miscellaneous
If you want to add personal links, please do that on your user page (you can also write your profile there). If you have a link with great content related to this DIY, you can add it at Ribbon Butterfly/Links
Share and tell about your experience related to Ribbon Butterfly in our wiki-based forum.