Jazz up your pocket mirror by creating a spoon “flower" around the edges. You’ll need quite a few plastic spoons for this craft but when you are finished, you’ll have a delightful piece of art.
- Small round mirror
- Plastic spoons
- Spray paint
- Hot glue gun
- Get a round mirror with a diameter of 3 inches (7.6 cm) or above
- Trace the circumference of the mirror on the piece of cardboard. Center the mirror, as you will be creating an even larger circle on the template.
- Trace a larger circle, using your mirror circle as a guide. The mirror circle should be perfectly centered. Make your larger circle as big as you desire--you will be covering it with spoon pieces so consider how many you will need when creating the large circle.
- Cut out large circle and set aside. Leave the mirror circle in tact (don’t cut that one out).
- Break/cut spoon handles. You will be making the flower using the scoop part of the spoon and discarding the handles. Take care when cutting handles so that you don’t break the scoop part.
- Encircle the mirror tracing on your cardboard with spoon scoops. Place a dab of hot glue on the back of each scoop and press firmly so the glue adheres to the cardboard. Allow the glue to dry before moving onto the next circle.
- Create a circle of spoon scoops around the first scoop circle. Add glue as you work, allowing circle to dry before moving onto the next circle.
- Continue working your way outward until the entire cardboard is covered with spoons.
- Spray paint entire board, covering spoons and any cardboard that may be showing. Allow paint to dry completely.
- Cut away the cardboard around the edges so the only edges that show are the spoon scoops.
- Hot glue the mirror in the middle of the spoon art. Lay flat as the mirror adheres to the spoons/cardboard.
- Hang the mirror on your wall.
Tips & suggestionsEdit
- Attach a small ribbon to the back of the cardboard. Make a small loop and either hot glue and/or staple the ribbon in place.
| Got something to say that doesn't fit in the other sections of this page?|
Create a new page about it: Spoon Mirror/Miscellaneous