- Take a series of images with time lapses in between. You can use a simple program, like VideoCapture, or you can do it manually.
- They should be named something like _0001.jpg, _0002.jpg, _0003.jpg...
- Use Virtual Dub to make an .avi movie:
- open Virtual dub
- open _0001.jpg. Virtual dub will automatically load the entire sequence of images if they are named correctly.
- select Video/compression/ and choose your desired codec (DivX MPEG-4, for example)
- select File/Save as AVI, enter file name
- Use Gimp to make an animated gif (requires the Gimp Animation Plug-in):
- open Gimp
- open _0001.jpg
- select Video/Frames to Image/ and select OK in the next dialog box. As with Virtual Dub, all images in the sequence are loaded automatically by GAP (Gimp Animation Package)
- select File/Save As, YourAnimationName.gif
- You can do this manually in Gimp, without the GAP plug-in, by placing each frame into a different layer of a gif image.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.