Let the magic of unicorns take you away with this colorful, sweet, tasty unicorn hot chocolate recipe. With a splash of rainbow-themed color, garnished with colorful marshmallows and magical Lucky Charms, this hot chocolate is suitable to all unicorn or rainbow lovers out there and will accomplish your most magical dreams - and perhaps your taste buds, too.
- Makes: 2-3 servings
1 cup (240 ml) white chocolate chips
2 cups (470 ml) half-and-half
2 cups (470 ml) milk
1 teaspoon (4.9 ml) vanilla extract
10-15 drops pink or purple food coloring
Whipped cream for garnish
4-5 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
3-4 tablespoon colorful mini marshmallows
5 tablespoons (74 ml) Lucky Charms cereal
Things You'll NeedEdit
- Pour the milk, half-and-half, white chocolate chips, and vanilla extract into a saucepan.
- Put the stove onto medium heat and whisk continually until the mixture is hot. Do not let the hot chocolate mixture boil or bubble.
- Shut off the stove.
- Stir in the food coloring and mix until the shade is bright and vibrant.
- Pour the hot chocolate into mugs.
- Garnish the hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows.
- Sprinkle the cereal and sprinkles over the hot chocolate.
- Serve once it's cooled to lukewarm. Consider placing the mugs on a colorful tray with glitter over it for a vibrant presentation. Enjoy!
Tips and suggestionsEdit
- For a better presentation, stick colorful rainbow-themed straws into the mugs of hot chocolate.
- Try garnishing the hot chocolate with different shapes of rainbow-themed sprinkles for a creative, colorful look.
- For gooier hot chocolate, use jumbo colorful marshmallows rather than mini ones.
- For vibrant unicorn hot chocolate, use food coloring gel instead of normal food dye.
- Take caution not to boil or over-heat the hot chocolate mixture or it will burn and scorch.